Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day One: I eat because I'm Fat, and I'm Fat because I eat.

Dear whoever is reading this. This blog is an effort to document the thoughts/feelings/trials/temptations of a fat guy (Travis Treanor) on his road back to skinnyhood. This blog will be humorous so if you don't like humor you may want to reconsider reading this.




Right now I'm sitting at about 280-ish pounds. This would not be a problem if I was a 6'8" defensive end in the NFL. For those of you who don't know me (how are you reading this?) I am 6' tall and avidly watch the NFL. Now the problem with being this variety of physical specimen are many, however I am not going to write about the health aspects of things, I am going to write about my thoughts and experiences in trying to get skinny. That being said: being overweight is not good for your health.




This morning I woke up with the vision of doughnuts dancing about in my head. Few things in this world are as dangerous as a fat person who wants a doughnut when there are none to be had.Luckily for us neither my twin children nor my wife are even remotely doughnut-esque and so they were and are safe. The only things that looked like donuts were the multi grain cheerios in my cabinet. I like honey nut cheerios because I don't have to add sugar to them, but my wife buys the multi grain variety because they are healthier.




Mary Poppins once said that "A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!" In my studies I have found that multi grain cheerios require roughly 3 to 4 spoonfuls (depending on your taste and the time of day). Even with the requisite sugar infusion cheerios are a disappointing breakfast venture for a person like myself. I'm more of a sausage-egg-and-cheese mcgriddle type. Hash browns? Yes please!





I got to work to find that a brand new KFC has opened up next to my office, which would usually be an exciting event for me. It is instead a special form of torture that I get to go through, as my wife game me the 'No fast food' talk yesterday with accompanying stink eye. Today will be rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment